Where You'll Spend Your Time
About This Program
At Penn we pride ourselves in offering our residents the most innovative and broadest training in Otolaryngology-Head and Surgery in the country! Your training at Penn would include
1. A broad exposure to a high volume of both primary and tertiary care procedures at 5 major teaching hospitals, including the nation's leading pediatric hospital (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
2. Each of these hospitals is staffed by full time faculty of the university, thus allowing us to carefully coordinate and monitor your training.
3. A faculty that boasts incredible breadth and depth - ensuring that your training will never be disrupted by faculty departures, retirements, or changes
4. Exposure to every type of procedure performed in our specialty - at Penn you don't just read about the latest innovations in OTO-HNS, you do them!
5. You are taught using one of the innovative curricula in the country - one that emphasizes an adult learner format, multi-modality teaching techniques, a state of the art surgical simulation program, and multiple courses offered at Penn
6. A research exposure that stresses translational work and has produced some of our signature research accomplishments including TORS (transoral robotic surgery) and the PANQOL (the Penn Acoustic Neuroma Quality of Life measurement scale)
7. Working with collegial and supportive co-residents and living in Philadelphia - a cosmopolitan, diverse, and fun city!