Where You'll Spend Your Time
About This Program
The DR program at OSU prepares residents for academic or private practice by gradually increasing expectations in productivity and knowledge. World-class faculty train residents to manage large volumes of challenging cases efficiently and accurately. The James Comprehensive Cancer Center, transplant and trauma programs provide critical training material. Considering board performance, resident satisfaction, collegiality, and depth and breadth of pathology, this is an amazing program.
1. ACGME survey results: Overall program evaluation “very positive” by 95%
2. Board results: recent above the mean performance in all 17 content areas
3. Recent fellowship placement: > 80% in top 30 institutions
4. No-pull policy
5. 30 scholarly activity days, used when needed, to fit the time course of research.
6. Collegial atmosphere among residents, faculty members, technologists, nursing, and administrative staff.
7. Location on the main campus of one of the world’s largest universities presents unmatched opportunities for multi-disciplinary collaborations.