Where You'll Spend Your Time
About This Program
- Virginia Mason Medical Center is a tertiary care hospital with 7 associated regional medical centers. Our residents benefit from a high volume of complex cases and a high attending to resident ratio.
- Consistently high quality medical care, recognized nationally through numerous awards, such as Healthgrades 50 Best Hospitals.
- Dedicated faculty and leadership strive to create an extraordinary resident-centered learning environment that is stimulating, supportive, and collegial.
- Rich variety of educational experiences, including daily didactics, multidisciplinary conferences, clinical rotations at VMMC and affiliate institutions, as well as national academic opportunities.
- Exceptional opportunities are readily available to the residents to develop expertise in image-guided procedures and advanced imaging. There are no fellows in the department, so residents have access to all cases and procedures.
- A culture of patient safety and continuous quality improvement as manifest by the Virginia Mason Production System, a nationally recognized management system.