Where You'll Spend Your Time
About This Program
The Loma Linda University Surgery Residency has several areas of focus:
· An International rotation to Malawi that all PGY4 residents go on as a matter of routine. The program pays for and arranges all of the details. It is by far the highest rated rotation in the residency.
· Outstanding robotic surgical experience, including a robotic curriculum.
· A dedicated surgical simulation laboratory.
· Excellent case volumes. Every resident has had far more than the required number in every ACGME case subcategory for more than a decade.
· No citations from ACGME for more than 2 decades.
· Our resident subspecialization rate is approximately 75%. Top fellowships are: surgical oncology, pediatric surgery, vascular surgery, surgical critical care, minimally invasive surgery.
· 100% of our graduates are board certified over the last two decades.